Dr M V Shetty College of Physiotherapy Mangalore was established in 1990. MV Shetty College of Physiotherapy was the first college to offer the Bachelor of Physiotherapy course in Karnataka affiliated to Mangalore University.
The courses in Physiotherapy offered by this College are well sought after by aspiring students from various parts of India and South Asia.
Physiotherapy is an integral part of modern medicine and has a major role in prevention and medical rehabilitation of physically handicapped.
It has a major role in diagnosis, preventive and prognosis of many disorders like paralysis orthopedic conditions, arthritis and joint diseases and cardio-respiratory disorders.
This is one among the best BPT colleges in Mangalore.
MV Shetty College of Physiotherapy offers multiple courses.
The Bachelor of Physiotherapy is a four-year full time academic program with semester pattern of examinations. The student will need to undergo a six months period of compulsory rotatory internship in various clinical departments once 4 year course completed.
The Master of Physiotherapy course is a 2-year fulltime program with the curriculum designed on Choice based credit system (CBCS) with semester pattern of examinations.
PhD in Physiotherapy is a 3 year (full time)/ 5 year (part time) doctorate degree program.
Separate hostels are provided for boys and girls by MV Shetty College of Physiotherapy. Hostel is compulsory for girls till course completes. Hostel is compulsory for boys in the first year. There are five hostels maintained by the Trust.
The hostel are provided with breakfast, lunch, evening tea and dinner. The college takes care to serve the students with hygienic food and drinking water.
Dr M V Shetty college of Physiotherapy Mangalore maintains a many vehicles including several buses to transport students to their respective colleges and to their hostels. The transport facility is also provided to students and the staff of the colleges from different places of Mangalore and surrounding area within area limit.
The college Library is spacious and is open to the students and staff of the college, who have library membership cards. The college has four libraries equipped with about 14000 volumes of books related to the subjects, 40 National and International journals and E-Journal, 1100 back volumes of the journals and nearly 1400 thesis are available in the Library.
MV Shetty College of Physiotherapy has a spacious Canteen facility for the benefit of staff and students of the colleges. The Canteen is having a modern kitchen equipped with facilities for hygienic food preparation. Vegetarian and non vegetarian foods, soft drinks, ice creams and snacks are provided in the canteen at nominal cost.
Admission Process in Dr MV Shetty College of Physiotherapy:
Dr M V Shetty College of Physiotherapy Mangalore selects students based on indicators of their potential; characteristics including intellectual curiosity, perseverance in the face of adversity, and creativity.
Rules of the Management:
* All admissions made are provisional and subject to approval by the University.
* If the University for any reason does not approve the admission at later stage, the Management is not responsible.
* Any amount once paid to the College/Management/Trust shall not be refunded under any circumstances. It is the duty of the candidates to obtain and submit the Eligibility Certificate but however, the college will render all assistance to get the certificates.
* If any student, after admission, leaves the College/Course under any circumstances he/she shall pay the college fees for the remaining period of the course (Whole course).
* All disputes arising with respect to the affairs of the College/Trust/Management shall be within the jurisdiction of Mangalore Court.
* Candidate seeking admission should fill in the application form and is to be sent to The Dr. Suma S. Rai Director Academics, Dr. M.V.Shetty Group of Colleges Panjimogaru, Vidyanagar, Mangalore- 575013 Karnataka along with a demand draft for Rs. 750/- (Rupees Five Hundred) drawn in favour of Dr. M.V. Shetty Memorial trust, Mangalore payable at Mangalore being the application and prospectus fee of Rupees 500/- and a registration Fee of Rupees 250/- ( Total of Rupees 750/- )
0824-2481285 / 96
Ambikanagar, Gandhi Nagar, Kavoor, Mangalore, Karnataka 575015