- Why should you write thank you note to teachers?
- What is the best way to say thank you to teachers?
- Sample thank you messages to teachers
- Sample thank you short notes to teachers
A day has 24 hours and the greater part of it, as a student, is spent actively in school or any learning institute. It is during this time that a teacher dons the role of a parent while in school.
Apart from helping students acquire knowledge, a teacher is someone who gets emotionally attached to each student.
A teacher’s role is not only to help students learn the year’s course but also to connect with the students on an emotional and psychological level.
At the end of the year, every student has to move on and give way for a new teacher to enter their lives.
However, the old teacher is never forgotten, and what better way for a student to express his or her gratitude to the teacher with a short thank you note for the teacher.
Why Should We Write Words of Gratitude for Teachers?
There are several reasons why students should write short thank you notes for teachers.
A teacher puts in immense effort to make the class interesting every year. A short thank you message for a teacher will go a long way in telling the teacher that his or her efforts have not gone unnoticed.
A teacher’s working hours go beyond the scheduled 9 to 4 timing of a student. Apart from preparing for the next day’s lessons, a teacher must try to bring in innovation and creativity.
Being innovative and creative requires effort and toil. Many teachers burn the midnight oil to bring inspiration into the lesson.
Many times teachers use their savings to spend on ideas they want to implement in the classroom.
All these attributes of a teacher warrant words of appreciation for teachers from students.
Though a short thankyou message for a teacher may not be enough to express your gratitude, it could go a long way in expressing your appreciation.
How to Say Thank You to Your Teacher?
There are many ways how to say thank you to a teacher. Some of the best ways are through word of mouth, a small token or gift, or a short thank you message for your teacher.
Some teachers do not even expect a thank you message, they just wish the best for you throughout your life. However, it is a feel-good factor for every student to express words of appreciation for teachers.
Why short thankyou notes for a teacher from a student is one of the best ways to say thank you to a teacher?
The best way to say thank you to a teacher is through short thankyou notes because short thank-you notes for teachers are written after a lot of deliberation.
Unlike words through the mouth, which are often spoken on the spot and without much thought. Also, thank you notes last forever. Teachers usually keep these notes from students treasured for many years.
How to Write a Thank You Note to A Teacher?
Though thank you notes to teachers are very personal and must come from the heart, you can follow this step-by-step procedure to write the perfect short thank you note for a teacher.
- To start a thank you note, begin with appropriately addressing the teacher. For example ‘Mrs’ Smitha, ‘Mr’ Kumar, or ‘Ms’ Anupama.
- When you begin to write your letter, starting with the perfect salutation is important. You can begin with Dear Sir or Madam or To or even Dearest. Starting with the perfect salutation personalizes the words of appreciation for teachers from students.
- Next, when attempting to write the body of the short thank you message to your teacher, you can start by narrating an incident with the teacher that is close to your heart. Reminisce about what good deed the teacher did for you that has helped you or remained close to you. Narrating such incidents will let the teacher know that your note is very personal and not a bulk thank you note you write to everyone.
- Remember to include many words of appreciation for the teacher from the student. Include words like gratitude, thank you, appreciate, thankful, indebted among other respectful words of gratitude for teachers.
- Signing off can be made more personal by including words like “thanking you once again,” “Yours sincerely,” or “Lots of love from.”
Once you start with the salutation, the body of the short thankyou message for your teacher could look something like this:
Some Samples of Short Thank You Notes for Your Teacher
- Thank you for being there when I needed you the most
- I would like to thank you for teaching me that a whole new world awaits me out there.
- Thank you for a great year gone by. You have been by my side throughout the year.
- I am grateful for many things this year. Among them, I am grateful that I got a wonderful teacher like you.
- From learning to love and laugh, I also learned that my knowledge has no bounds. Thank you for being a great teacher.
- It takes someone special to be a teacher. Thank you for being mine.
- It takes a big heart to shape little minds Thank you for being a great teacher.
- You are the best teacher in the world.
- I am lucky to have had you as my teacher
- Thank you for your inspiration
- You have inspired me to explore the world.
- Thank you for always understanding me
- I am grateful for all the wonderful things you have taught me this year.
- Thank you for instilling self-confidence in me.
- You will always remain the best teacher I have ever had.
If you are a little stuck when it comes to writing an entire body of a letter, here are some examples you can take a cue from.
Dear Mrs. Seema,
Thank you for guiding me through my project work. Your advice and timely suggestions have helped me complete my work on time. Thank you once again for all your input.
Dear Mr. Denzel,
Every day I look forward to your amazing spirit and fun personality. Your classes are filled with so much excitement. Thank you for making school so much fun.
To Austin Sir,
This year was exceptionally special because you were our teacher. Thank you for being the most fun-loving teacher I have ever had. Even though I move on to the next year, you will always remain my favorite teacher.
Remember, you do not need a special occasion to express words of gratitude to teachers from students. Writing a short thankyou message to teachers, anytime during the year will be highly appreciated.
A thank you note can be written even just after the first week of school. The bottom line is to let the teacher know that he or she is being appreciated.